For women with large breasts, there can be a huge hindrance to many aspects of their lives. From exercise and finding clothes that fit, to sleeping, and their self-esteem, large breasts can cause a wide range of physical and emotional problems. One of the best options for these patients is breast reduction. With a breast reduction, patients can get smaller, lighter, and firmer breasts that look natural and beautiful. There are many questions and concerns that patients want to have answered and considered before undergoing the procedure. Perhaps one of the most important is their breast reduction recovery. New Jersey women thinking about getting breast reduction should make sure that they understand all of the precautions and planning that needs to go into their recovery. This is one of the best ways to make sure that their results are the best they can be.
Why Patients Love Working with Dr. Comizio
New Jersey patients that work with Dr. Comizio will learn exactly what they need to do during their recovery to get the best possible results. Dr. Comizio is a pioneer in a unique and powerful shared decision-making system that involves the patient in every single step. This process puts a huge priority on transparency and honesty, so you’re never in the dark about any aspect of the surgery. On top of that, Dr. Comizio has published numerous scholarly articles on breast reduction techniques. As an expert in breast reduction, Dr. Comizio regularly shares her experience and knowledge about breast reduction at speaking events and conferences. Plus, as a woman, Dr. Comizio brings an important perspective to breast reduction that our patients absolutely love. Her Ivy League education and board certification with the American Board of Plastic surgery all put her New Jersey patients at ease. Give us a call today at (973) 775-9248 to get started. Make sure you also check out our video interviews with some of our patients on what their experience was like.
Breast Reduction Surgery Methods
Similar to breast augmentation, there are a few different methods for breast reduction. Dr. Comizio works with patients individually to determine which of these methods will produce the best possible results. Keep in mind that each of these also leaves a different size and shape of scar after a period of breast reduction recovery. New Jersey women will often spend a great deal of time thinking through which option is best for them.
- The vertical options – For women whose breasts are not extremely large and pendulous, this might be a great option. This method is seen as less invasive and produces a smaller scar. It is also one of the newest options for patients, and Dr. Comizio has written an entire book chapter about this procedure. In this method, she will make an incision around the areola and down to the breast crease. This incision creates a scar that resembles a lollipop. The nipple can be repositioned, and the skin sutured together.
- The anchor option – This is the most common type of breast reduction method because it produces a very natural and attractive breast shape afterwards. The incision and resulting scar resemble an anchor. For women that have very large, pendulous breasts this is usually the option that will deliver the best results. It gives Dr. Comizio access to the breast tissue and glands, and the nipple can be moved higher up on the breast. This is also a great option for women with breast asymmetry.
- Liposuction – There is one other option that usually works well for younger patients whose breasts already have a youthful, perky shape but just need a reduction in their size. Of course, the benefit of this method is that the scars are very small and virtually invisible. Another big benefit is that it greatly reduces the time required for breast reduction recovery.
New Jersey women can get youthful and lighter breast with all three of these options. Dr. Comizio can help you determine which option is best for you.
Breast Reduction Recovery
New Jersey women that get breast reduction will spend a great deal of time talking with Dr. Comizio about some strategies and techniques so that they love their results.
- Location of surgery – First, Dr. Comizio usually performs all of her surgeries at an accredited outpatient surgical center or a hospital where she has surgical privileges. These facilities are state-of-the-art and are extremely welcoming and comforting to our patients.
- First 24-hours – After the surgery, you will need someone to drive you home as you recover from the anesthesia. Also, patients should have someone with them for the first 24-hours in case there is an emergency.
- The first week – Most patients take two weeks off of work. Some of our patients take off longer from work if they have more rigorous activities at their job, such as a nurse or exercise trainer. New Jersey patients will often see how they fare the first week and, after consulting with Dr. Comizio, make a determination on when they go back.
- Discomfort – Most patients experience some discomfort for the first couple of days after the surgery. Dr. Comizio prescribes pain medication to help.
- Scar care – There are several effective techniques that you can use to help your scars heal so that they are as thin, faint, and flat as possible. Dr. Comizio can discuss these options with you before your procedure.
If you’re ready to finally wear those cute tops you’ve been wanting, or get out and exercise without carrying around the weight of your overly large breasts, call Dr. Comizio at our New Jersey office today at (973) 775-9248. We would love to help you get the breasts of your dreams. Getting calls from new patients is something we look forward to so get in touch with us today.