Board Certified Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
Dr. Renee Comizio is an accomplished, board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive procedures for the breasts, body, and face. She approaches every treatment as an opportunity to improve her patients’ lives and offers the support to regain their life. The goal of Dr. Comizio’s practice is to ensure patients understand their options fully before making a decision about surgery.
Dr. Comizio believes that plastic surgery is an opportunity for a new and improved result. As a woman, Dr. Comizio understands how both surgical and non-surgical procedures can help boost self-confidence, rectify medical conditions or simply achieve a desired aesthetic improvement. She will do everything in her power to achieve the results you desire.
Training and Experience
Dr. Comizio balances her Ivy League credentials with an unassuming demeanor that immediately puts patients at ease. Her training incluldes:
- B.A. in Biology from University of Pennsylvania
- M.S. in Human Nutrition from Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons
After obtaining her medical degree from New York Medical College, Dr. Comizio received advanced, specialized training:
- Residency in General Surgery at Harvard Medical School’s Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Residency in Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery from Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Dartmouth Medical School
- Assistant Program Director of the Plastic Surgery Residency and Assistant Professor at Dartmouth Medical School
In addition to her comprehensive training, Dr. Comizio is board-certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners, American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
Awards in Patient Care
Dr. Comizio has received numerous awards throughout her distinguished career.
- America’s top plastic surgeons by the Consumers’ Research Council of America for five years in a row
- Recognized for her efforts in breast cancer reconstruction as one of five medical honorees at the American Cancer Society’s 100th Anniversary Diamond Ball
- New Jersey Monthly’s Select Plastic Surgeon, 2018-2021
- Top NJ Doctor by NJTopDocs for consecutive years
- Patients’ Choice Award 2014-2015
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition 2014
- One of 3 recognized experts in Breast Reduction in New Jersey
Contributions to Research
During her time in academia, Dr. Comizio published numerous research papers and continues to present at conferences on breast reconstruction, breast reduction, and facial rejuvenation. Her areas of research interest include:
- TRAM flap breast reconstruction
- Designing patient-friendly ways of improving communication during surgical consultation
- Fat grafting as an adjunct to breast reconstruction
- Clinical research in shared decision-making models of patient care
Throughout her career, Dr. Comizio has maintained a high standard of patient care and uses a shared decision-making model to enhance patient understanding.
Creating a Welcoming Environment for Patients
At our Morristown office, we welcome questions about our procedures. We are dedicated to helping you identify which procedure is right for you and will spend dedicated time with you while making a decision. Every member of our team is selected for their ability to welcome patients and answer questions throughout a treatment.
Dr. Comizio will spend time helping you feel comfortable with your procedure from detailed information to a sympathetic ear. Dr. Comizio and her staff truly value patient input and take the time to listen and address all of your concerns.
“Dr. Comizio has truly changed my life…” – Click Here To Read More Reviews
More About Dr. Comizio
Dr. Comizio grew up in Franklin Lakes, about thirty miles from her current office in Morristown. Her father is a retired physician who worked at St. Joseph’s Hospital, and her mother is a retired registered nurse who worked at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood. Part of what attracted Dr. Comizio back to northern New Jersey was the opportunity to return home with her husband and two children to be closer to family and long-time friends.
Dr. Comizio spends most of her free time with her son, daughter, and husband. As an actively involved parent, Dr. Comizio divides her spare time attending school activities and her children’s sporting events with her husband.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Comizio, call our Morristown office at 973.775.9248.