The size of your breasts shouldn’t limit the things you love to do or cause you pain. Women in New Jersey with larger breasts often suffer serious problems from carrying extra weight. The painful bra strap grooves and ill-fitting bras are one aspect but many women also suffer from:
- Neck, shoulder, or back pain.
- Unwanted attention.
- Headaches or difficulty sleeping.
- Inability to properly fit into clothes, bra, and bathing suits.
These are life-limiting activities that no woman should have to live with and if you thought “yes” to even one of these complaints, you should schedule a consultation at Dr. Comizio’s office in Morristown, New Jersey.
How Will a Breast Reduction Change My Breasts?
A breast reduction removes tissue and skin to adjust the size of your breasts to fit your body and alleviate painful symptoms. Many insurers will cover breast reduction surgery because large breasts cause physical pain. Dr. Comizio works with insurance companies to help you overcome many of the uncomfortable symptoms and pain that large breasts cause. Dr. Comizio has helped hundreds of women just like you, find relief from symptoms related to the size of their breasts.
Are There Different Types of Breast Reduction Surgery?
There are several different breast reduction techniques, and Dr. Comizio has extensive experience with guiding Morristown, New Jersey patients to the best possible option for their body type. The most common types of breast reduction are:
- Vertical breast reduction: Also known as a lollipop scar, this surgery is suitable for patients who have moderately enlarged breasts with good skin quality Dr. Comizio has published a book chapter about the vertical breast reduction technique.
- Liposuction: Women who require a mild reduction and have more skin elasticity can benefit from breast liposuction. Generally, this surgery can be well-suited for younger patients who do not need extensive reshaping and only need to reduce the size of their breasts.
- Anchor scar: The most common type of breast reduction because it creates a beautiful shape and lift for women with large, pendulous breasts. The incision extends vertically down and then under the breast crease, healing in the shape of an anchor or inverted-T.
To better understand your options and determine the best approach to your breast reduction, you will need to come in to Dr. Comizio’s office in Morristown, New Jersey for a consultation.
5 Common Myths of Breast Reduction Surgery
Use the link above to download our PDF on the most common myths we hear in our practice regarding breast reduction surgery.
What Will Happen During the Consultation?
Dr. Comizio believes in the shared decision-making approach of patient care by providing patients with enough information to help them understand their choices. With the assistance of visual aids and a brief informational video, Dr. Comizio will explain the procedure and the various options in enough detail for you to make an informed choice.
Your consultation will also involve a thorough examination of your breast anatomy so that Dr. Comizio can outline a surgical plan. You will have the chance to ask questions and receive personal insight from Dr. Comizio to finalize your decision if breast reduction surgery is right for you.
How Do I Know My Insurance Company Will Cover My Breast Reduction?
Dr. Comizio and her expert staff have an excellent track record of obtaining insurance coverage for medically indicated breast reductions. Dr. Comizio participates in-network with many of the major insurance carriers in New Jersey, which means that in many plans, once you meet your in-network deductible and/or coinsurance, you will not have hidden out of pocket costs. Ultimately, it is in your best interest to understand the details of your insurance plan.
What Will Happen During Surgery?
All breast reduction surgeries are performed at an accredited outpatient surgery center or hospital in the Morristown, New Jersey area. After the anesthesia is administered, Dr. Comizio will ensure that it has taken full effect and then:
- Make the incision that you selected at your consultation.
- Remove excess breast tissue and skin to reduce the size of your breasts.
- Women with breast ptosis (sagging) will have their breasts lifted, and the underlying tissue tightened to shape more youthful appearing breasts.
- Close the incision with sutures to encourage healing.
When you wake up from the anesthesia, you will need a family member or friend to bring you back home.
“Start to finish, an incredible experience. I recently had a breast reduction, and could not be happier with the results and entire experience…” – Click Here To Read More Reviews
Breast reduction surgery can help alleviate that shoulder, neck and back pain that you suffer from today. Surgery can help you feel better about yourself, allow you to be more active, and make it easier to fit in your clothes with confidence. Call today to book a consultation in Morristown, New Jersey and find out if this is the right procedure for you.