Liposuction is a fantastic option for our patients who have reached their ideal body weight and want to enhance the overall shape of their body. If you’ve got some pockets of fat that just won’t go away no matter how healthy you eat or how much you exercise, then you could be a great candidate for liposuction. Morristown men and women have been able to get the curves and definition they’ve always wanted with liposuction.
But one of the questions that we often get is how liposuction actually works to change the shape of your body. We wanted to take this opportunity to explain how Dr. Comizio uses liposuction techniques to sculpt her patients’ bodies to meet their needs and goals.
Dr. Comizio is a Harvard-educated and award-winning surgeon so make sure you give us a call today at (973) 775-9248 if you’re even a little bit curious about liposuction. Morristown patients rave about how comfortable Dr. Comizio makes them feel and about the life-changing results they get from working with her. Check out our Case Studies to see interviews with some of our patients.
Which Areas Can Get Liposuction
When it comes to sculpting your body with liposuction there are a number of different areas where the procedure can remove fat, including:
- Buttocks, thighs, and legs
- Stomach, chest, and arms
- Neck, chin, and cheeks
What Happens During Liposuction
Morristown patients are often curious about how Dr. Comizio performs her liposuction procedures. Here is a very quick breakdown.
- Anesthesia – We perform our liposuction treatments in a hospital or outpatient surgery center. Patients will be under general anesthesia for the entire procedure.
- Incision and Solution – Dr. Comizio will make a very small incision near the areas to get liposuction. Then she will inject a solution of saline and epinephrine which will basically “loosen” the fat cells and make them easier to remove.
- Cannula – A cannula is a thin tube that safely removes the fat cells in the areas that you want. Dr. Comizio uses the detailed information from your consultation to guide her so that you get the outstanding results you deserve.
- Finish it – After Dr. Comizio has compared both sides of your body to make sure they are symmetrical, she will close the incisions with sutures.
Weight Loss with Liposuction
Morristown patients are sometimes interested in liposuction as a way to lose weight. However, this is ill advised. Doctors can safely remove 5 liters of fat (9 pounds) from a patient during a liposuction procedure. For smaller patients, the amount doctors can remove is even less.
This is why Dr. Comizio advises her patients to achieve a stable, ideal body weight first and then think about liposuction as a way to get the shape they want in their body.
If you have more questions about liposuction, don’t hesitate to give Dr. Comizio a call today at (973) 775-9248. We absolutely love talking with our patients about their questions and needs. The first step is for you to come to our offices for a consultation with Dr. Comizio where she can answer your questions, understand your goals, and even perform an examination.