New Jersey women that have small breasts often dream of having large, perky breasts. However, for women who have oversized breasts, their reality is not as rosy as it may seem. In fact, there can be severe emotional and physical issues caused by their larger breasts. One of the main problems is neck, back, and shoulder pain. In this blog post, we’ll look at how patients can reduce their back pain with breast reduction. New Jersey patients that want to learn more about how Dr. Comizio can drastically reduce their neck, back, and shoulder pain–along with other issues resulting from their large breasts–should call us today at (973) 775-9248. As a woman, Dr. Comizio brings a different perspective that our patients absolutely love. We can’t wait to help you get started.
What is a Breast Reduction?
New Jersey women can get relief from their neck and back pain with a procedure called a breast reduction. Here’s how it works.
- Breasts causing back pain – First of all, when a patient has overly large breasts, they put a lot of weight on the front of the body. To compensate, the muscles in the back have to work harder to hold up that weight. This constant strain is often the cause of our patient’s back pain.
- The consultation – During our patient’s consultation, they spend a great deal of time talking with Dr. Comizio about the issues they’re experiencing. Dr. Comizio will perform an examination and determine if the patient is likely to benefit from the surgery.
- The incision – The breast reduction surgery begins with an incision. Where the incision will be and how large it will be depends on the size and shape of the breasts. Dr. Comizio spends a great deal of time discussing this with the patient beforehand. Usually, Dr. Comizio is able to place the incision so that the scar is easily hidden behind clothing, bras, and bikini tops.
- Removing tissue – The next step is for Dr. Comizio to start removing excess skin, fat, and glandular tissue in the breast. This will reduce the volume of the breasts.
- Reshaping – Dr. Comizio will also reshape the breast so that it has a more attractive, perky, and youthful shape.
By removing the excess weight from the breasts, the back muscles get relief, and many patients experience a reduction in their back pain.
How to Get Started with Dr. Comizio and Breast Reduction
New Jersey women that are desperate to end their terrible back pain caused by their large breasts should call Dr. Comizio today at (973) 775-9248. When you call, you’ll be greeted by one of our welcoming and highly-trained staff. We always look forward to getting calls from new potential patients–in fact, it’s one of our favorite things about our job. We’re more than happy to answer any of your questions and help you in any way we can.
The next step in the process is to schedule your preliminary consultation. This meeting is when you’ll get to talk with Dr. Comizio about your health history and your goals for the breast reduction. New Jersey women leave this meeting feeling more confident about their decision.
Get in touch with us today to learn more.