If you’ve been thinking about getting a breast reduction and have decided to talk about it with friends and family, then you’ve probably experienced a number of different reactions. As a woman and an Ivy League-educated surgeon, Dr. Comizio understands perfectly the struggle that women with larger breasts face when it comes to getting a breast reduction. Morristown women who have large breasts face a number of unique problems, including neck and back pain.
Give Dr. Comizio a call today at (973) 775-9248 if you’re tired of having bad posture or neck and back pain from large breasts. The first step is to set up a convenient time for you to come in and meet with Dr. Comizio in person. She’ll discuss your concerns, answer any of your questions, and perform an initial examination. Dr. Comizio firmly believes that women should look as beautiful on the outside as they feel on the inside. She will work with you to develop a treatment plan that you’re comfortable with and that addresses all of your concerns.
Posture and Breast Reduction
Morristown women who suffer from large breasts can have a whole list of problems from having to carry around so much weight. Here is a quick explanation of how breast reduction can improve posture. We’ll discuss how breast reduction can help other ailments later on.
- Shoulders – Women can experience tremendous strain and pain in their shoulders as the weight of their breasts pulls down. With breast reduction, women can finally stand with their shoulders back and in the proper position.
- Hunching – Another common issue with oversized breasts is hunching. This can happen from the weight pulling the chest down. But this can also be the result of women trying to hide their larger breasts because of shame and embarrassment.
- Neck and Back Pain – With larger breasts, the neck and back muscles compensate to “pick up the slack” and can cause immense pain. By reducing the size of the breasts, neck and back muscles will get immediate relief.
What Happens During Breast Reduction?
Morristown patients thinking about breast reduction should know exactly how Dr. Comizio performs the procedure. During your consultation, Dr. Comizio will discuss all of this in much greater detail with you.
- Location – Dr. Comizio performs breast reduction at an outpatient surgery center or at a hospital while the patient is under general anesthesia.
- Incision – During the consultation process patients will select an incision. There are several to choose from and Dr. Comizio will work with you to pick the incision that is right for you and that helps you achieve your goals.
- Procedure – The procedure will last about 3 hours and Dr. Comizio will remove skin and breast tissue to achieve your desired size. She will shape your breasts so that they have a youthful appearance.
- Recovery – After the surgery, patients will likely be on some kind of pain medication for a couple days. The full recovery process can take several weeks.
One final note about insurance and breast reduction. Morristown women getting breast reduction to relieve painful symptoms can often get their procedure covered by their insurance. Dr. Comizio is highly experienced in working with insurance companies and will talk more about this with you during your consultation. Give us a call today at (973) 775-9248 and we can get the process started with an in-office visit.